AL TV News Analysis – Litera’s CEO, Avaneesh Marwaha, talks about legal tech consolidation; his company’s part in all of this; what will be their next acquisition or product development; and what happens when Hg decides to sell the business?
AL TV asks Avaneesh about:
- Why is consolidation happening now?
- Is consolidation really a good thing? Do platforms actually cause new problems for clients?
- Where is Hg (which owns Litera) going with all of this, following the series of acquisitions?
- When will Hg sell Litera, and who would they sell the company to?
- Does he have shares in the company and does he get a say on strategic decisions given that Hg has a controlling position?
- Would an IPO be a better exit strategy than a sale?
- How many more product areas will Litera either buy companies to cover, or build their own for? Note: Avaneesh expresses a lot of interest in expanding in the litigation field.
- How many more acquisitions/internal product developments does Litera have ahead of it before the inevitable sale by Hg?
AL TV News Analysis – press play to watch/listen inside the page, (approx. 23 mins – had aimed for 15, but it was such an interesting discussion we kept on going). Enjoy.
P.S. They have also launched a couple of packaged up offerings made from the tools they have on the platform: Litera Litigate – which offers coverage of drafting, case management, and binders for litigators. And, Litera Transact, enabling global deal management within a single workspace. The moves also follow the recent acquisition of Allegory Law.
If you would like to know more about AL TV please get in touch: email@example.com