LegalTech Delivery Advisor (LTDA) – Lead – Law Firm Role
A globally renowned law firm is looking to add to its London team of LTDAs, someone who will also be able to line manage a small but growing team.
This individual will have demonstrable leadership experience and a significant knowledge of advanced Legal software applications, e.g. Leverton, Luminance, Seal, Kira, iManage RAVN, HighQ Collaborate.
They will be closely collaborating with a cross-functional team (with Continuous Improvement, Legal Project Management, Resource Managers and Pricing Experts in particular but also Knowledge & Information teams) to help reduce the cost of their legal service delivery by streamlining the work using existing services and licensed solutions and, where appropriate, identifying the need for new solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Working with lawyers and the cross-functional team, develop a deep understanding in order to deliver against clients’ expectations.
- Building strong relationships with lawyers to engender trust and be viewed as a “trusted advisor”, delivering at the pace of the client needs.
- Balancing immediate client needs with strategic aims of the firm/function with existing solutions in most cases, and where appropriate identifying opportunities for new solutions.
- Focusing on promoting the relevant use of our existing Legal Technology toolkit to our lawyers. This will require explaining solution benefits, metrics-driven adoption of those tools and provide tailored specialist guidance on those solutions. This will also require you to help provision and deliver “configuration” needed from existing solutions.
- Where necessary, identifying the needs for further integration, configuration or further customisation of existing solutions; and identify requirements for new solutions to provide to Product Management teams.
- Maintaining our Legal Technology toolkit usage metrics to prioritise our efforts for adoption and identify challenges to be addressed in collaboration with the Product Management teams.
- Capturing the success stories with our Legal Technology Toolkit and sharing with the global team of LegalTech Delivery Advisors and the Product Management teams.
- Providing feedback and insights from the local market and local needs, challenges, usage, etc. to the Product Management teams so roadmaps and solutions delivery better address the challenges faced by Lawyers.
- When adding new solutions in our Legal Technology Toolkit, assisting with the introduction, deployment, communications while focusing on the overall legal service delivery process.
- Identifying and supporting a number of power users in key Legal Technology solutions to help us scale our delivery capabilities.
- Working closely with our Product Management teams when we are developing new solutions providing feedback and advise on effective delivery needs to ensure it best meets our lawyers requirements and delivers better experiences to our clients.
- Promoting the usage of our training materials available (and where necessary feedback on improvement opportunities)
- Delivering tailored presentations and demos about our Legal Technology toolkit, including advanced specialist solutions (including artificial intelligence tools)
- Supporting our Business Development teams by contributing in a timely manner to panel firm and client RFP responses, demonstrating our competitive advantage in efficient and integrated legal service delivery (including through the use of our Legal Technology toolkit)
- Be expected to contribute to, and represent the region/office at meetings with other LTDAs throughout the network, ensuring that best practice and processes are shared across the network.
- Maintain an overview of all team activity across the region/office, and ensure seamless coverage during absence/holidays within the team
- Conducting regular 1:1s with the LTDA’s, providing guidance, coaching and acting as a sounding board for issues and an escalation point
- Work with the Regional Technology Director to jointly line manage the LTDAs
- Coach and develop team members’ skills with regards to understanding and dissecting the work requirements, analysing and manipulating of data and statistics and in lawyer and stakeholder management
- Ensure the team are developed and fully trained in relevant processes and tools.
- Supporting the objectives of the cross-functional team by identifying opportunities to use our other services such as Legal Support Centre, Continuous Improvement, Legal Project Managers, etc.
- Prior experience delivering process improvements and introducing Legal Technology solutions in professional services firms.
- Excellent communicator and strong influencer. Able to influence both lawyers and clients, able to clearly articulate and explain Legal Technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms
- Strong relationship skills and an understanding of different ways of achieving outcomes, with business and IT teams, using both business and IT terminology
- Extensive senior stakeholder management skills and a cross-functional team.
- Able to manipulate data at speed
- Strong problem solving and entrepreneurial skills to drive solutions to completion
- Good judgement and a skill in identification and prioritisation of added value and strategic tasks;
- The intellectual rigour and insight to be credible with a highly intelligent and experienced internal and external client base;
- Effective communication; verbal and written, delivered with enthusiasm and impact;
- A confident, firm and positive approach; comfortable will dealing with people at all levels in the firm
- Strong listening skills
- Line management experience
Written and Verbal Communications:
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills and some form of customer-facing interaction or consulting experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Educated to degree level ideally in a Law discipline or equivalent. (Legal training preferred)
- Previous experience of working for a global professional service environment or corporate organisation such as finance/banking, delivering process improvement projects, ideally with Legal Technology
- Some advanced expertise in at least one Artificial Intelligence Legal Technology solution
- Ideally experience of legal work and advising on matters
- Preferably, with some experience of Agile delivery practices and working with Product Management teams and tools (Agile Central, JIRA, User feedback tools, etc.)
The position is based in London, with oversight of the firm’s UK, Middle East and India offices. Salary is competitive.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV (see link below). Please also include the reference ‘Artificial Lawyer JOBS’ in your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org