Pioneering UK law firm Mishcon de Reya has formed an International Advisory Board to help develop its MDR LAB legal tech incubator, with luminaries such as Kira Systems’ co-founder, Noah Waisberg, joining the group.
Members of the Board ‘will become ambassadors for MDR LAB in key markets across the globe, with current members based in the UK, US, Canada, Asia Pacific and Israel’ the firm said in a statement.
The board at present includes:
– Liam Brown, Founder and Executive Chairman of Elevate.
– Daniel van Binsbergen, CEO at Lexoo, a digital marketplace for legal services.
– Kenneth Grady, Adjunct Professor and Member, LegalRnD Faculty Michigan State University College of Law.
– Amy ter Haar, President at Integra Canada.
– Noa Mayer, Head of Business Development and Innovation at law firm Yigal Arnon & Co.
– Titus Rahiri, Founder & Director, KorumLegal, legal solutions firm
– Noah Waisberg, CEO and Co-Founder of Kira Systems.
Nick West, Chief Strategy Officer at Mishcon and the driving force behind MDR LAB, said: ‘[They] will enable us to know more about what’s happening on the ground in … key tech hubs, and better understand how to attract the most innovative companies to come and work with us.’
Last month the law firm made investments in two of the 2017 MDR LAB programme’s start-ups: Everchron, developers of collaborative litigation management software; and Ping, which automates timekeeping for lawyers and provides data analysis for law firms.
Applications for MDR LAB 2018 will open in January 2018.