ALTACon is Australia’s leading legal tech event and will be held in Melbourne on Friday 31 May, with tickets now on sale (see more below).
The line-up is a veritable who’s who in legal technology, and includes:
- Christian Lang, Director of Strategy at Reynen Court (USA) – Keynote speaker – talking about the importance of communities in legal tech
- Alan Angell, Managing Partner at Fincap Law (UK)
- John Stambelos, Principal, Stambelos Consulting LLC (USA) (CIO for Charlie Munger’s firm for 15 years, Warren Buffett’s business partner)
- Professor Renee Newman Knake, Professor of Law and the Doherty Chair in Legal Ethics at the University of Houston and Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at RMIT University. (USA)
- Nick Abrahams, Global Head of Technology and Innovation, Norton Rose Fulbright (Australia)
- Rise of the Bots – A session featuring bots from law firms, Telstra and Microsoft
- + and many more speakers!
- ALTACon will also feature TED-style presentations from the founders of more than 20 of Australia’s leading legal technology companies including Legaler, LawSwitch, Xakia Technologies, ContractProbe, thedocyard and Checkbox.
ALTA President and Founder of Legaler, Stevie Ghiassi, told Artificial Lawyer that ALTACon aims to bring together the legal and technology communities in ‘an intensive one-day conversation about the future of law‘.
‘ALTA as an association is unique in that it was created from a desire to provide a platform for legal technology companies in Australia. It might seem quite obvious now, but in the past the startups have gotten lost amongst the law firms and larger companies,’ he added.
‘ALTACon will be a celebration of this very key aspect and will see the startup founders telling ‘Member Stories’ that you won’t hear at other conferences, which are real and raw tales from the startup trenches. You’ll also hear from a diverse list of international luminaries at the event,’ he concluded.