We are delighted to invite you to our Legal Financial Services breakfast seminar, ‘Reimagining the Legal Function’, on Wednesday, 23 October 2019, in partnership with Artificial Lawyer, where we will be exploring the growing pressure on in-house legal teams to reduce cost, improve efficiency and adopt legal technology.
The event will examine some of the key findings from our global GC survey which will be discussed by a panel hosted by Richard Tromans, Founder & Editor of Artificial Lawyer, and include leading GC and Partners from EY Law and EY Legal Managed Services, who will also talk about the recent acquisition of Pangea3.
A recent EY survey of more than 1,000 General Counsel around the globe revealed the following:
- 82% of companies plan to reduce legal function costs over the next 24 months, and 41% plan on doing so by more than 10%.
- Nearly two-thirds of General Counsel believe that the legal function has fallen behind other corporate functions digitally.
- 27% of legal professionals’ time in-house is spent conducting routine compliance and low-value tasks.
- 76% of General Counsel report that the two areas of the legal function they are most likely to consider outsourcing are contract management and legal entity management.
The survey results will be showcased at the event.
If you have any questions you can email us at EMEIA FSO Tax events.
Partner, Head of UK Financial Services Law
- 23 October, 2019
- 07:45 – Registration & breakfast
- 08.30 – Welcome
- 08:40 – Panel session
- 10:00 – Refreshments
- De Vere Canary Wharf, 1 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD