A recent survey by Juro and US law firm Wilson Sonsini found that in an indicative sample of legal teams at fast-growth companies, 67% felt ‘buried in low-value work’. This seems to be an unsustainable situation and a waste of talent. AL TV spoke to Richard Mabey, CEO of Juro, to find out more about why this is the case and what can be done about it.
In the interview we explore:
- Is this a problem only for inhouse lawyers, or experienced more broadly?
- What can be learnt from the software engineering field?
- Why is it so hard to reform the way the inhouse legal team works?
- Use of automation tools inhouse remains small.
- The growth of legal admin work, which is not really a legal matter.
- Productising legal work.
- And more…
Press play to watch/listen inside the page. (Approx 21 mins)