Leading Indian law firm Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas (CAM) has launched the country’s first ever legal tech incubator: Prarambh.
The firm said: ‘Being an innovator and leader is a part of the firm’s DNA. This innovative mindset has most recently led to the setting up of India’s first ever legal tech incubator at a law firm. Through Prarambh, CAM aims to augment the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, identify domestic talent and support upcoming technologies in the business and practice of law.’
The Purpose of Prarambh
- Supporting innovation in the field of legal technology
- Enabling startups with a cosharing workspace and IT infrastructure
- Ensuring the right subject matter expertise is provided to the developer
- Mentoring the startups throughout the lifecycle and guiding them to commercial success
- Nurturing and encouraging domestic talent to be a world leader in legal technology design and development
The submission of applications will open from 8th April and will close on 30th April. The application link will be available from 8th April, 2019.
The list of shortlisted startups will be announced on 31st May 2019. The candidates would be invited for interview and to make a pitch in June 2019, which will be followed by announcement of successful candidates in the 1st week of July 2019. The successful start ups will move in to the firm’s premises at a suitable date in the next 4 -6 weeks thereafter.
And if you cannot wait until April you can always reach the firm’s Mumbai office here:
t: +91 22 2496 4455/+91 22 66604455
f: +91 22 2496 3666
Sounds like a great initiative – there now are many Indian legal tech companies and many legal engineers there already. It’s also a potentially large market for legal tech companies from outside of India.
Will be great to see how this develops. Congrats to CAM for doing this.